If you or a loved one experienced a bicycle accident due to a reckless motorist or distracted driver, our bicycle accident lawyer, Felix Gonzalez, can help. At your free consultation, he’ll explain exactly what your rights and options are.
Cycling has become a viable mode of transportation and a popular form of recreation in San Antonio, TX, and across the nation. Unfortunately, many motorists haven’t adjusted their driving skills to account for bicyclists being on the road. The result is a cyclist being killed on U.S. roads an average of once every six hours. It’s tragic, especially since these accidents are entirely preventable.
Bicycle accidents involving motor vehicles can happen for various reasons. Our team has managed cases involving:
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Bicyclists being crowded off the roadway
- Vehicles performing a rolling stop at an intersection
- Crosswalk and intersection accidents
- Vehicles failing to yield the right of way
- Inattentive and distracted drivers
- Poor or ineffective road signs
Our skilled bicycle accident lawyers can perform a thorough investigation and research to determine the exact cause of your accident and injuries. This will help us build a solid case against the reckless driver at fault.
Every case is different, but Texas law provides specific remedies for bicycle accident injuries. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost wages
- Physical impairment
Many factors will determine what and how much compensation you’re entitled to, but our knowledgeable bicycle accident lawyer has years of experience advocating for bicycle accident victims in San Antonio. We know exactly how to build a case and counter the common arguments used by defense attorneys and insurance companies. We’ll fight to get you every penny you deserve.
If you are like most people, you probably have lots of questions about your accident. Some of the most frequently asked questions we hear from car accident victims include:
Your compensation will depend mostly on the ability to prove that the driver or other party was negligent and at fault. The more evidence and proof we can collect, the better. This means your actions in the moments, days, and weeks after the accident can be crucial to your case, as well as your health.
If you’re in a bicycle accident involving a vehicle, the following steps will help strengthen your case:
- Seek immediate medical attention. This, above all others, is most important. Some injuries are obvious, while others are subtle and won’t show themselves right away. Seeking immediate medical attention is best for your health and will help us prove that you were, in fact, injured due to the accident.
- Don’t touch the accident scene. You should leave your bike and the vehicles involved exactly as they are and take pictures of the accident scene. If anything does get moved, take pictures of the damage right away.
- Start creating a record. The police should be called immediately so they can perform an investigation and create a report. This will include measurements of skid marks, diagraming the accident scene, and interviewing witnesses. Be sure to get the police officer’s name and number and obtain a copy of the police report. Be sure to secure any biking computer being used at the time such as garmin or wahoo computers.
- Consult with an attorney. You should exchange insurance information with the parties at fault, but never speak to the opposing insurance company or attempt to negotiate with the motor vehicle driver. Anything you communicate directly to the other parties will be used against you. The only way to get fair treatment is with competent legal representation.
The bicycle accident lawyers at Felix Gonzalez Law are dedicated advocates for bicycle accident victims in San Antonio. Call us today for your free consultation, and let us help you get your life back on track.