At Felix Gonzalez Law, our motorcycle accident lawyers are passionate about advocating for motorcycle accident victims. We believe in your right to experience safety on the roads. And when you don’t, we offer free consultations, so we can explain your rights and options and help get you on the road to recovery.
San Antonio’s beautiful weather and scenic roadways are perfect for a motorcycle ride almost any day of the year. But we also know that it can be dangerous. High speeds, unprotected bodies, and inattentive motor vehicle drivers put motorcycle riders at a higher risk of accidents and injuries.
In fact, statistics show that you’re nearly 5x more likely to be injured in an accident involving a car or truck while riding a motorcycle than you are while driving a vehicle.
In other words, motor vehicle drivers are not looking out for motorcycle riders. And the results are often catastrophic.
Motorcycle accident injuries are often severe, even when the accident occurred at a slower speed. It doesn’t take much force to throw a motorcyclist from their bike, resulting in cuts, bruises, lacerations, concussions, and broken bones. But at higher speeds, the injuries can be life-changing, or life-threatening.
We’ve handled cases involving:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Wrongful death
- And more
Often, these types of injuries are due to the negligence of a motor vehicle driver or other parties.
We have found fault in:
- Aggressive drivers
- Distracted and inattentive drivers
- Impaired drivers
- Drivers who disobey traffic laws
- Motorcycle companies that sell faulty motorcycles
- Cities, counties, states, and transportation departments that don’t maintain roads and traffic signs
- And more
When another party is at fault, the law provides remedies so that you can be compensated. Expenses from a motorcycle accident can be especially costly. A dedicated motorcycle accident lawyer at our firm can determine what type of compensation you’re entitled to and help you recover as much as possible for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Punitive damages
Your actions following a motorcycle accident are crucial to your case, and your health.
- Move to safety! Because motorcycles are difficult to see, it’s not always obvious when an accident has occurred. Other drivers may continue to drive through the scene, unaware of what’s happened. Fuel and oil leaks are also common, making the scene vulnerable to fires. You should immediately move away from the scene of the accident and make sure that you’re safe.
- Get medical attention. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, or your injuries seem minor, you should immediately call for medical attention. Adrenaline and shock can hide certain injuries, but the sooner you get medical attention, the sooner your injuries will be identified and treated. This will also help create a solid record for your case.
- Report the accident. The police should be called so that a proper accident report can be written. They’ll interview witnesses, take pictures of the scene, and document the facts of the accident. You should also contact your insurance company and exchange insurance information with the driver at fault.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer. Once the accident is reported, everything you say and do will be used against you by the other parties’ insurance company. Before you make any statements, negotiate any settlements, or make any claims about fault, you should contact our offices for help and representation.
Motorcycle accident victims who have legal representation are more likely to receive a fair settlement than those who don’t. Our team is one of the most respected motorcycle accident firms in San Antonio and we have the experience you need to get the compensation you deserve. Call us today for your free consultation.