Our pedestrian accident lawyers are fighting every day for pedestrians and their families who are killed or injured on San Antonio, TX roads and walkways.
If you’ve been affected, call our office for a free consultation. We can help you determine the cause of your accident, identify the parties at fault, and help get the compensation you deserve.
San Antonio has the second most amount of pedestrian injuries and fatalities of any Texas city. One look at our roads, and it’s easy to see why.
Pedestrian fatalities hit a 25-year high in 2017, with 6,000 pedestrians killed in the U.S. Gas prices are down, which means there are more cars on the road, but we’re also a nation distracted. Far too often, drivers are looking down at their phones instead of paying attention to the road. Pedestrian injuries are also caused by poorly maintained roadways and insufficient walkways because not enough funds are being used for our roads and infrastructure.
In accidents involving pedestrians and vehicles, the results are almost inevitable. The human body is no match for a car or truck. The injuries sustained by pedestrians are often life-threatening.
We’ve handled cases involving:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Wrongful death
- And more
Even a well-intentioned driver can fail to see a pedestrian crossing the street or walking on the side of the road. But many pedestrian injuries are caused by clear negligence.
We’ve found parties at fault for:
- Hit and Runs
- Failing to look for pedestrians on a crosswalk
- Drivers who disobey speed limits, traffic signs, and signals
- Distracted and intoxicated drivers
- Illegally parked cars that made pedestrians hard to see
- Poorly maintained crosswalks and walkways
- And more
When a pedestrian is hit by a car, sometimes it’s not even the drivers fault. Cities, counties, states, and transportation departments, especially in San Antonio, often fail to provide safe and reasonable accommodations for pedestrians. Our pedestrian accident lawyers can help determine exactly who is at fault for your injuries and fight for a fair settlement and the compensation you deserve.
When a pedestrian is hit by a car, and another party is at fault, the law provides remedies so that you can be compensated. You may be entitled to:
- Economic damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and damaged property
- Non-economic damages for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages meant to punish the other party for their negligence and actions
If you’re hit by a car, you should take many of the same steps you would take if you were in an auto accident.
- Make sure you’re safe! If possible, get off the road and away from traffic so that you’re not further injured.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if you don’t feel like your injuries are severe, you need immediate medical attention. Pedestrians often don’t realize that they have concussions, fractures, or internal bleeding until it’s too late.
- Start creating a record. The police should be called so that they can investigate and write a full report. They’ll speak to witnesses, take pictures of the accident scene, and gather evidence.
Call us for help! Before speaking with the driver’s insurance company, you need legal representation. Insurance companies are notorious for offering low-ball settlements to flustered accident victims. Do NOT admit fault or make a statement until you speak with us first.
The team at Felix Gonzalez Law Firm knows exactly how to handle pedestrian accidents in San Antonio. We’ll protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. To get started, call us today for a free consultation.
(5 / 5)
“Parking lot accident. I think the case was handled in a timely manner. Very satisfied.” – James Lunstrum 7/22/18
(5 / 5)
“Had a pedestrian accident case. The firm, including Victoria, were an excellent group. I appreciate all of the attention. Great job.” – Antania Granado 8/9/18