The work injury lawyers at Felix Gonzalez Law Firm have been proudly representing the citizens and military families in the Killeen area for over 22 years. We’ll handle your workplace injury with the utmost care and respect, fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
Your Right to a Safe Work Environment
Many state and federal regulations exist to keep Texas workers safe. Despite these regulations, it’s estimated that 12,900 employees suffer workplace injuries in the United States each day! Most of these injuries are preventable if employers would only follow the rules and provide a safe work environment for their employees.
The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSHA) outlines strict guidelines for workplace safety. This federal statute, more than any other, provides protections for workers who are injured on the job. Workers’ compensation laws are also designed for your benefit.
When employers violate these laws, they put you, the worker, at risk. The top 10 most common causes of workplace injuries in the U.S. are:
- Falls at the same level
- Being struck by objects or equipment
- Falls onto a lower level
- Bodily reactions, such as twists and sprains
- Roadway accidents while on the job
- Slips and trips
- Caught by or crushed by equipment or heavy objects
- Repetitive motions
- Being struck against an object or equipment
If your injuries were due to an employer, contractor, or co-worker’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation under OSHA and Texas law.
Common Workplace Injuries in Killeen, TX
Killeen, TX, is a growing metropolis, with construction work almost always going on somewhere. It’s also home to famous Texas refineries and oilfield sites. Add to that the military community, and this makes Killeen home to dangerous work environments, where injuries are not out of the norm.
Common workplace injuries we see:
- Falls from roofs and scaffolding
- Falls through floor openings
- Heavy equipment accidents
- Refinery explosions
- Oil well blowouts
- Machinery defects
How a Work Injury Lawyer Can Help
When you or a loved one is injured on the job, you need a local attorney who will fight for your rights. If your employer was cutting corners, violating safety regulations, failing to provide proper safety gear and training, or incorrectly using tools, machinery, or equipment, we’ll get to the bottom of it and prove who was at fault for your injuries.
Our job is to:
- Investigate your workplace injury to determine the true cause, including interviewing eyewitnesses and gathering evidence
- Identify all potentially negligent and at-fault parties who contributed to the unsafe work environment that caused you harm
- Guide you toward the best medical specialists in the area who can treat your injuries and provide comprehensive medical reports to use as verification
- Build a compelling argument and case so we can get you every dime you deserve
While many legal matters can be handled without an attorney’s help, suing for a work injury usually isn’t one of them. It’s possible, even probable, that your employer and other at-fault parties will dispute your claim, arguing that you caused your own injuries. It’s also unlikely that you will be able to perform your own investigation, determine how the laws apply to your case, and create a compelling argument, all while you’re receiving extensive medical treatment or taking an extended leave of absence from work to heal.
Let Us Help
At Felix Gonzalez Law Firm, we believe in the rights of hard workers. Odds are, your injuries could have been prevented and we want to help you get the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost pay, pain, and suffering.
We offer free consultations so we can learn more about your case and determine the best way for us to help.
For more information, call us today.